A diverse workplace embraces differences between individuals and is comprised of team members with a range of characteristics, such as gender, religion, race, age, ethnicity and more. Diversity provides an array of benefits including new perspectives, greater variety of talent, and better overall performance.
If you’re in a leadership position or looking to upskill, this course will help you harness the right communication tools to improve communication and achieve greater diversity outcomes in your workplace.
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role of diversity within the workplace and identify opportunities and barriers to inclusive engagement
- Develop work plans to accommodate a diverse workplace, and ensure contribution from a diverse range of team members
- Implement communication processes and behaviours that support workplace diversity initiatives
This course is structured into three modules:
- Establish benefits of workforce diversity
- Embed diversity into team plans and operations
- Support development of a diverse workforce
Establish benefits of workforce diversity
- Identify benefits of diversity in business and workplace contexts
- Qualify and quantify the source of workforce diversity
- Identify legislation and organisational policies and procedures that relate to workplace diversity
- Identify opportunities and barriers to inclusive engagement
Embed diversity into team plans and operations
- Develop work plans to accommodate diversity
- Confirm that work plans incorporate contributions from diverse workforce members
- Adjust plans and operations to align with relevant diversity legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Design processes to incorporate and maximise the benefits of diversity
Support development of a diverse workforce
- Apply communication processes and behaviours according to diversity work plans and processes
- Identify biases and assumptions in communication and behaviour of self and others and adjust, as required
- Provide workplace support and access to diversity services
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.