Creating a business proposal is a smart first step towards establishing a viable small or micro business. A business proposal is effectively a blueprint or road map for your new business idea. It can also help you answer some critical questions before investing a substantial amount of money in launching the business, such as – is there a market for your product or idea, will you be able to source finance, do you have all the skills to keep the business running, and what risks will you need to manage?
If you’re considering starting a small business this course will help you define, describe and pitch your business idea to key stakeholders.
This course is structured into four modules:
- Evaluate business ideas
- Manage risk associated with a business proposal
- Develop a proposal for a viable business idea
- Present business proposal
Evaluate business idea
- Identify ideas relating to business opportunities
- Research key factors influencing their financial viability
- Analyse business ideas to determine the viability of the business opportunity
- Record outcomes of evaluation according to workplace procedures
Manage risk associated with a business proposal
- Identify potential risks associated with opportunity ideas and viability of the business
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders the potential risks
- Assist relevant stakeholders to develop risk management systems
Develop a proposal for a viable business idea
- Identify the audience for the proposal, and required structure and content
- Establish budget according to financial viability
- Develop a description of business idea according to identified budget and business opportunities
- Confirm the draft proposal meets requirements
Present business proposal
- Determine presentation method suited to the audience
- Provide customised a business proposal to the target audience
- Seek feedback to inform future proposals
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Optional Course Assessment
You have the option to undertake formal assessment at an additional cost.
If you choose to undertake the assessment you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observations. Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
You will require access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
To talk to us about undertaking assessment call 1300 549 190 or email us at email@example.com.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.