Communicate with Influence will develop your skills in presenting with impact and influence to prospective customers, clients and important stakeholders.
Being able to communicate with clarity and engage your audience is a skill that is synonymous with successful people.
The ability to convey your message with meaning and a sense of purpose is even more important at work. Leading people towards a common goal, coordinating a project, presenting a business case, delivering feedback, managing customer relationships and even participating in meetings – all these common workplace tasks require effective communications skills to deliver positive outcomes.
If your ability to communicate ideas, objectives or opinions is holding you back, or communicating with influence will improve your work performance, this short course is for you.
This course can also be delivered for groups of staff. Learn more about staff training options here.
This course is structured into four modules:
- Identify communication requirements
- Negotiate to achieve an agreed outcome
- Participate in and lead meetings
- Make presentations
This course applies to managers who identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources and who deal with unpredictable problems. They use initiative and judgement to organise the work of self and others and plan, evaluate and coordinate the work of teams.
Identify communication requirements
- Confirm authority to present material on behalf of an organisation or work area, according to organisational policies and procedures
- Identify information that may be subject to confidentiality and manage appropriately
- Identify information needs of the audience and prepare a position in line with the purpose of communication
Negotiate to achieve an agreed outcome
- Identify objectives of negotiation and needs and requirements of stakeholders
- Identify and document potential issues and problems
- Prepare positions and supporting arguments according to objectives
- Communicate with stakeholders, and establish areas of common ground and potential compromise
- Confirm and document outcomes of negotiation
Participate in and lead meetings
- Identify the need for meeting and schedule according to stakeholder availability
- Prepare meeting materials and distribute to stakeholders
- Conduct meetings and contribute to discussions
- Seek consensus on meeting objectives
- Summarise outcomes of meetings and distribute to stakeholders
- Identify forums to present according to organisational objectives
- Determine tone, structure, style of communication and presentation according to the target audience
- Prepare presentation according to desired outcomes
- Provide an opportunity for the audience to ask questions
- Follow up with stakeholders following presentation
- Evaluate presentation and identify areas for improvement
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will need minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection, and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Supplementary learning materials
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Optional Course Assessment
You have the option to undertake formal assessment at an additional cost.
If you choose to undertake the assessment you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observations. Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
You will require access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
To talk to us about undertaking assessment call 1300 549 190 or email us at email@example.com.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.