The role of any good manager is to create an environment where their team members can perform to the best of their abilities, allowing them to efficiently create high-quality work. Performance management is an important tool that helps managers define expectations and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to motivate and develop their team members.
If you’re in a leadership position or looking to upskill, this course will help you to the best practice for performance management systems in the workplace.
This course will provide you with the skills to:
- Effectively plan and delegate work tasks according to organisational requirements
- Plan, implement and monitor performance review processes in accordance with organisational requirements
- Construct and maintain formally structured feedback processes for workplace performance
This course is structured into four modules:
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow up
- Consult relevant groups and individuals on work to be allocated and resources available
- Develop work plans and allocate work according to organisational requirements and operational plans
- Develop and confirm performance standards and key performance indicators with relevant staff
- Conduct risk analysis according to organisational risk management plan and legal requirements
- Review performance management and processes according to legislation, organisational objectives and policies
- Train participants in the performance management and review process
- Conduct performance management according to organisational policies procedures and relevant timelines
- Monitor and evaluate performance according to performance standards and key performance indicators
- Provide informal feedback and coaching to staff
- Advise relevant personnel, where performance is poor and take necessary actions
- Document feedback according to the organisational performance management system
- Conduct formal structured feedback sessions as necessary and according to organisational policy
Manage follow up
- Develop performance improvement and development plans according to organisational policies
- Monitor underperforming individuals according to organisational policies
- Respond to underperforming individuals, as required
- Reinforce excellence in performance through recognition and continuous feedback
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email email@example.com or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.