This nationally recognised qualification is the go‐to course for emerging managers who are taking on a broader range of responsibilities in their business.
What You'll Learn
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead and support your team towards successful outcomes, and through the day‐to‐day challenges of working with colleagues and clients.
If you’ve developed strong technical skills and practical knowledge in your area of specialisation, complementing these skills with a Certificate IV in Leadership and Management can really build on your career prospects with both current and future employers.
Completing the BSB40520 course is an excellent entry point or step up into a new career by taking a practical approach to expanding your own leadership and management capability.
MiTraining delivers this qualification with set electives. This means the elective units of competency shown in the course structure below were chosen to reflect the work outcomes, skills and knowledge required to be successful in a contemporary workplace at this level.
|Apply communication strategies in the workplace
|Lead effective workplace relationships
|Lead and facilitate a team
|Coordinate business operational plans
|Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
|Lead the development of diverse workforces
|Develop personal work priorities
|Apply business risk management processes
|Build and maintain business relationships
|Develop and use emotional intelligence
|Write complex documents
|Implement customer service strategies
- Monday 4 March 2024
- Monday 1 April 2024
- Monday 6 May 2024
- Monday 3 June 2024
This qualification comprises of 12 units of competency (5 core and 7 elective). Students enrolled in the qualification will undertake two units of competency at a time over eight weeks duration.
There is a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete all units and assessments in the qualification.
Some students choose to progress more quickly through the qualification. It's designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time. The total time it takes to complete the qualification depends on your previous work experience, how much time you have available between work commitments and the pace at which you prefer to study.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- All of our courses are delivered in English. If English is your second language you may need to provide the results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments.
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. Creating or looking up your USI is a simple process that can be done online.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment.
View the Student Handbook for more information.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). Once you application has been approved, you will be provided with access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Additional course resources
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing theoretical and applied knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills through projects, scenarios and demonstrations
- Gathering evidence that shows your ability to perform key tasks
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To be issued with a qualification testamur students must be deemed competent in each unit of competency and meet all requirements of the course.
MiTraining offers interest-free payment plan options. After paying an initial $200 deposit, the remaining course fees will be paid by weekly or fortnightly instalments.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check.
For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form on the Policies and Procedures page.
Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining.
For advice on applying for Credit Transfer for this qualification please contact MiTraining on 1300 549 190.