This nationally recognised qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and know‐how to develop into a professional manager in any business or workplace environment.
What You'll Learn
During your studies you’ll learn how to apply more sophisticated management techniques including team effectiveness, dealing with people and performance issues, developing operational plans, and using emotional intelligence to guide and inspire teams.
This course is ideal for those who are pursuing a management career, and can set up you for a successful transition into team leadership, supervisory and business management roles. It can be a pathway from the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
MiTraining delivers this qualification with set electives. This means the elective units of competency shown in the course structure below were chosen to reflect the work outcomes, skills and knowledge required to be successful in a contemporary workplace at this level.
|Subject||Unit Code||Unit Name||Core/Elective||Duration|
|Part One||BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence||Core||4 weeks|
|Part One||BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core||4 weeks|
|Part Two||BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans||Core||4 weeks|
|Part Two||BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core||4 weeks|
|Part Three||BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Core||4 weeks|
|Part Three||BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others||Core||4 weeks|
|Part Four||BSBLDR521||Lead the development of diverse workforces||Elective||4 weeks|
|Part Four||BSBLDR522||Manage people performance||Elective||4 weeks|
|Part Five||BSBWRT411||Write complex documents||Elective||4 weeks|
|Part Five||BSBTWK503||Manage meetings||Elective||4 weeks|
|Part Six||BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development||Elective||4 weeks|
|Part Six||BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies||Elective||4 weeks|
- Monday 6 February 2023
- Monday 6 March 2023
- Monday 3 April 2023
This qualification includes 12 units of competency (6 core and 6 elective). Students enrolled in the qualification will undertake two units of competency at a time over seven weeks duration.
There is a maximum of up to 12 months allowed to complete all units and assessments in the qualification.
Some students choose to progress more quickly through the qualification. It's designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time. The total time it takes to complete the qualification usually depends on your previous experience, how much time you have available between work commitments, and the pace you prefer to study at.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- All of our courses are delivered in English. If English is your second language you may need to provide the results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments.
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. Creating or looking up your USI is a simple process that can be done online.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment.
View the Student Handbook for more information.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). Once your application has been approved, you will be provided with access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Additional course resources
Undertaking this qualification will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing theoretical and applied knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills through projects, scenarios and demonstrations
- Gathering evidence that shows your ability to perform key tasks
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To be issued with a qualification testamur students must be deemed competent in each unit of competency and meet all requirements of the course.
MiTraining offers interest-free payment plan options. After paying an initial $200 deposit, the remaining course fees will be paid by weekly or fortnightly instalments.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment pathway that enables you to demonstrate competence from prior experience and learning. RPL applications require a portfolio of evidence which will be assessed, together with a competency conversation or skills test/check.
For more information view the RPL Policy or download the RPL Application Form on the Policies and Procedures page.
Statements of Attainment and Qualifications issued by other Registered Training Organisations will be recognised by MiTraining and may be used as credit towards a qualification with MiTraining.
For advice on applying for Credit Transfer for this qualification please contact MiTraining on 1300 549 190.