Developing effective workplace relationships can make your job more enjoyable and productive. Having stronger workplace relationships can also help you develop your career and open you up to bigger opportunities.
If you’re a team leader, supervisor or looking to upskill and develop your relationship-building skills, this course has your name all over it.
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Adapt your communication style to suit different situations, so you can build and maintain trust, engagement and respect with different stakeholders.
- Foster positive working relationships and diplomatically uphold respect for differing opinions, values and needs
- Encourage and lead collaboration in a business setting and apply various tools to handle and minimise conflict resolution
This course is structured into three modules:
- Prepare to lead workplace relationships
- Lead workplace relationships
- Review leadership
Prepare to lead workplace relationships
- Identify work team objectives according to organisational strategy
- Collect and analyse information for the achievement of work task
- Share ideas and information with relevant internal and external stakeholders according to work task
- Develop strategy for completion of work task in collaboration with work team
Lead workplace relationships
- Identify and implement methods to facilitate collaboration to complete work task
- Support colleagues experiencing difficulties fulfilling work requirements
- Manage conflict constructively within the organisation’s processes and parameters of own role
- Communicate work progress to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Seek feedback on relationship management for work task from relevant stakeholders
- Analyse feedback on relationship management
- Evaluate personal performance in leading workplace relationships
- Identify areas of improvement for leading workplace relationships future work tasks
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email email@example.com or call 1300 549 190.
Optional Course Assessment
You have the option to undertake formal assessment at an additional cost.
If you choose to undertake the assessment you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified trainer to support you through the course and assessments.
The assessments may take the form of questions, written projects, case studies, workplace scenarios or observations. Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently in the workplace to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To gain a Statement of Attainment you must attempt and be deemed “competent” in each assessment item.
You will require access to a current or previous workplace to support the completion of work-based assessment and observation. Students who do not have access to a work environment will be supported with an alternative scenario.
To talk to us about undertaking assessment call 1300 549 190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.