Leadership can be practised in an organisation at any level, regardless of what title you may have. Demonstrating good leadership is important as it gets.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead teams and individuals by modelling high standards of conduct to reflect the organisation’s standards and values.
On completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop performance plans and build key performance indicators (KPIs) for individuals and teams according to your business’s objectives
- Locate and assess your business’s standards and values for conducting business, and Identify issues to be resolved in your organisation
- Model leadership behaviour by creating an inclusive environment, implementing risk management and utilising feedback models to manage performance and behavioural standards
This course is structured into three modules:
- Prepare to demonstrate leadership
- Align behaviour with organisational values
- Model leadership behaviour
Prepare to demonstrate leadership
- Identify organisation’s requirements for management performance
- Identify qualities required for positive management performance according to organisational policies and procedures
- Develop and implement performance plans for individual and team according to organisation’s business objectives
- Establish key performance indicators according to organisation’s business objectives
Align behaviour with organisational values
- Locate and assess organisation’s standards and values for conducting business
- Identify how own performance will contribute to upholding organisational values
- Identify issues to be resolved according to organisational values
- Gather and organise information relevant to the issues under consideration
Model leadership behaviour
- Facilitate individual’s and team’s active participation in team decision-making processes
- Examine options and assess associated risks to determine preferred course of action
- Develop plan to implement decisions agreed by relevant individuals and teams
- Use feedback processes to monitor the implementation and impact of decisions
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.