Good communication in the workplace is a critical indicator of a high-performance work culture, so it’s not surprising that good leaders can communicate effectively with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, to drive results.
If you’re in a leadership position or looking to upskill, this course will help you harness the right tools to improve communication and achieve greater outcomes in your workplace.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify purposeful methods of communication for different audiences across various channels in alignment with your own business objectives
- Engage with various stakeholders by employing a two-way communication process
- Maintain communication processes and outcomes in line with your own organisational policies and procedures
This course is structured into three modules:
- Prepare for communication
- Engage in communication
- Review communication
Prepare for communication
- Identify purpose and audience for communication
- Identify the desired outcome of the communication
- Evaluate available methods of communication according to task requirements and organisational business policies and procedures
- Identify potential barriers to effective communication and develop solutions to minimise impact
Engage in communication
- Communicate using media and format relevant to the context
- Use respectful and positive approaches to communications
- Employ two-way processes to ensure receipt and acknowledgement of message
- Provide opportunities to clarify and confirm understanding
- Maintain record of the communication process and outcomes according to organisational policies and procedures
- Identify follow up actions and communicate to relevant persons
- Seek feedback on communication processes from all parties
- Identify and incorporate opportunities to improve leadership communication processes
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email email@example.com or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.