Critical thinking is all about asking the right questions in different situations in order to analyse information and make better judgements and decisions. Learning how to use critical thinking in business is necessary to promote growth and adaptability.
If you’re in a leadership position or responsible for coaching a team and are looking to drive creativity and innovation within your team, this is the course for you.
This course will provide you with:
- The tools and techniques necessary to foster an environment that encourages your team to engage critical thinking processes to stay adaptable and engaged in all types of situations
- The ability to monitor and improve critical thinking processes in your team, ensuring a full identification, analysis of issues in business scenarios
- The ability to follow up on business issues and formulate solutions
This course is structured into three modules:
- Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Monitor and improve thinking practices
Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Research models of critical and creative thinking
- Develop questions to identify individual and team knowledge gaps
- Facilitate formal and informal learning opportunities for addressing identified gaps
- Articulate key features of critical and creative thinking concepts to relevant personnel
Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Analyse current organisational systems to identify gaps or barriers to critical thinking
- Develop processes that create a safe environment for critical and creative thinking approaches
- Facilitate opportunities for team members to apply critical thinking skills to workplace problems
- Provide feedback to team members on performance of tasks
Monitor and improve thinking practices
- Collect and analyse feedback from individuals and teams on critical and creative thinking opportunities
- Identify additional support required for teams and individuals
- Develop recommendations for improvements in future learning arrangements according to relevant legislation and organisation policies
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will need minimum technology requirements including access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection, and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Supplementary learning materials
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.