What is Resilience?
Think of resilience as a tree that bends in the wind but doesn't break.
The roots represent resilience, anchoring the tree in place and giving it the power to stand firm against the wind. During the storm, the tree is shaken around, but after the storm passes, it straightens up again.
This ability to withstand life's challenges and bounce back afterwards is what resilience is all about.
Top 10 Resilience Quotes
Here are ten quotes that encapsulate the essence of resilience and strength, serving as reminders of the indestructible human spirit:
1. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, South African Former President
2. "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient." - Steve Maraboli, Motivational Speaker and Self-Help Author
3. "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi, Nonviolent Resistant
4. "The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived." - Robert Jordan, American Author
5. "Out of difficulties grow miracles." - Jean de La Bruyère, French Philosopher and Moralist
6. "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." - Napoleon Hill, American Author
7. "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity." - Albert Einstein, Physicist
8. "Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before." - Elizabeth Edwards, Attorney and Health Care Activist
9. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the aeroplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
10. "The human capacity for burden is like bamboo - far more flexible than you'd ever believe at first glance." - Jodi Picoult, Contemporary American Writer