In this MiTalk, MiTraining's General Manager, Stacey Wallace, shares the power of grit – a crucial determinant of success in various life domains.
Grit, as psychologist Angela Duckworth defines, represents the passion and perseverance for long-haul objectives. It's not about transient efforts but the relentless drive that propels one to overcome adversities and persevere even when the journey becomes challenging.
Contrary to popular belief, grit surpasses mere talent or intelligence in predicting success, making it an essential quality to foster in one's life.
- Definition of grit by Angela Duckworth and its implication in real-life scenarios
- The pre-eminence of grit over mere talent or intelligence as shown through empirical studies
- The malleability of grit: It's not innate but can be nurtured and refined
- Five robust strategies to foster grit
- The significance of grit in our lives: Adopting a marathon approach over a sprint one
- Participants will be presented with the profound nature of grit, understanding its importance beyond just innate talent or intelligence
- Participants will acquire actionable strategies to nurture and refine their grit, helping them face challenges with resilience and perseverance
- Participants will be able to practice setting long-term goals, adopting a growth mindset, and harnessing the power of deliberate practice and perseverance