Did you know that recruiting the wrong person who ultimately exits an organisation can cost up to the equivalent of 6-9 months of that employee’s salary?
Interviewing skills are required of managers in any field who are responsible for bringing on board new staff members. The process of sourcing and screening candidates is no longer exclusive to the HR department – and many small to medium businesses may not have internal HR expertise to draw on.
Knowing what to ask, things to look out for and information to gather from an interview will lead to employing the right person with the right skills.
This course also covers interviewing style for grievances, disciplinary meetings and performance appraisals.
What You'll Learn
- Key steps in the interviewing process including questioning techniques, engaging with the candidate and knowing what questions to ask
- The benefits of an interview panel or individual consultations
- The importance of appraisal interviews and remaining free from bias
- Elements to consider in a grievance interview
- Steps to consider during disciplinary interviews and action
- The difference between a termination interview and an exit interview
This Course is Ideal For
- Anyone responsible for leading and managing people and teams
- Small business owners that would like to understand different interviewing techniques
This professional development course can also be delivered face-to-face or online for groups of staff as an interactive presentation or half-day workshop. For more information about this course or other workshop topics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 549 190.