The mentoring process is much more than a one-off activity; it involves the development and maintenance of a relationship that is beneficial to the person being mentored.
In the workplace a mentor is more than a work colleague. They provide expertise to help their mentee advance in their careers, enhance their education and build their networking.
This self-paced short course provides a detailed insight into the role of a mentor and how a successful mentor/mentee relationship can be fostered.
What You'll Learn
- What is meant by the term mentor
- What are the ground rules for providing mentoring?
- The importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Steps to take to develop the relationship
- How to provide effective support and encouragement
- What it is to me a good mentee
- The importance of feedback in the mentoring relationship
- What happens if the relationship changes
- The importance of tracking and reporting outcomes from mentoring sessions
This Course is Ideal For
Anyone in a leadership role responsible for leading staff, middle/senior managers that would like a step by step understanding of how mentoring programs could assist their business performance.
This professional development course can also be delivered face-to-face or online for groups of staff as an interactive presentation or half-day workshop. For more information about this course or other workshop topics, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 549 190.