The Forklift Verification of Competency (VOC) course allows workers to prove that they have the skills and knowledge of the current industry regulations relating to high-risk work, as well as the skills to carry out forklift work competently and safely.
A VOC certificate allows you to prove to employers or prospective employers that you are competent to do your job and have up-to-date skills and knowledge. This not only increases your chance of gaining employment but also helps you to cover off on legal requirements.
This course can be completed online or as a paper version.
- A Theory Assessment to test your knowledge of the information provided within the formal VoC paperwork.
- A Practical Self-Assessment that you will complete to help us gain an understanding of your practical skills and abilities relating to forklift operations
- A Reference Declaration, completed by a current or previous boss/supervisor or assessor, to help prove that you are competent to carry out forklift operations.
The cost of this offering includes an on-site practical assessment by a qualified assessor, or you have the option to record your staff using the equipment in real-time and submit it to MiTraining. One of our qualified assessors will remotely assess and provide feedback.
As a part of this course, you must provide us with proof of prior training (a picture of your licence/ticket), as well as copies of identification documents to prove your identity.
After a registered assessor has signed off on your VOC, you will receive a Statement of Attendance as VOC assessments are NOT accredited.
Required Units of Competency
- TLID2010 Operate a forklift
- RIIHAN201E Operate a forklift
Each assessment takes will vary in duration and will depend on the type of plant/worksite and equipment along with the requirement of the employer/site.