Marketing is one of the most critical elements to business success, so a solid marketing strategy is fundamental to setting up a new business venture.
This course is suited to you if you’re looking to gain the confidence and skills to drive marketing outcomes for your new business venture.
On completion of this course, you’ll have learnt:
How to build a custom marketing strategy for your own business venture, implement your marketing strategy through various tactics and evaluate the performance of your marketing activity.
This course is structured into four modules:
- Develop marketing strategy for business venture
- Establish marketing mix for the business venture
- Implement marketing strategy
- Evaluate marketing performance
Develop marketing strategy for business venture
- Identify focus of marketing activities according to business plan objectives and products and/or services being provided
- Establish marketing objectives in consultation with required people and according to business plan and workplace procedures
- Identify customer base, target market and competitors according to identified marketing objectives
- Establish and evaluate strategy to ensure ethical and cultural appropriateness and alignment with customer and industry expectations
Establish marketing mix for the business venture
- Assess product mix, volumes and pricing opportunities according to marketing focus and business plan objectives
- Research and evaluate costs and benefits of available distribution channels and customer service strategies
- Select marketing and promotional activities to suit target market and according to marketing strategies
- Analyse customer journey to evaluate marketing mix
Implement marketing strategy
- Plan marketing activities according to marketing objectives and strategy and budgetary requirements
- Communicate roles and responsibilities to required people according to marketing plan and workplace procedures
- Monitor implementation of marketing activities according to marketing plan
- Assess use of digital devices, platforms and technologies for effectiveness in implementing marketing activities
Evaluate marketing performance
- Assess business performance according to business plan objectives
- Develop a plan to address performance gaps
- Analyse stakeholder response to all aspects of marketing mix to improve targeting and outcomes
- Assess changes in customer requirements in both online and offline environments, where applicable, and identify opportunities for improvement
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.