Employing a good recruitment process can asst in minimising the time involved in searching, interviewing and hiring candidates for roles in your organisation. A good onboarding process is just as important as it ensures you acclimate employees to their roles and the company culture.
If you’re responsible for human resource management in your organisation, or responsible for the hiring, onboarding and training of new team members, this is the course for you.
This course equips you with the skills to:
- Develop and implement strategies to plan the recruitment process and source, screen and interview potential candidates against specified selection criteria
- Liaise and engage with various stakeholders in all parts of the recruitment and onboarding process
- Develop and coordinate an engaging onboarding process for new team members
This course is structured into five modules:
- Plan for recruitment
- Screen and interview potential candidates
- Assess and select candidates
- Manage candidate outcomes
- Onboard successful candidate
Plan for recruitment
- Establish recruitment requirements and authority to fill position
- Consult with relevant stakeholders about job descriptions, selection criteria and workforce strategy
- Contribute to development of job descriptions that accurately reflect the role requirements according to relevant policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Implement strategies to assist in sourcing candidates according to organisational policies and procedures
Screen and interview potential candidates
- Conduct preliminary screening with candidates according to legislative requirements
- Organise and conduct interviews and selection activities according to organisational policies and procedures
- Carry out skills assessment relevant to the position
- Obtain relevant additional information from candidates
Assess and select candidates
- Consult with relevant stakeholders to conduct assessment and selection process according to organisational policy and legislative requirements
- Assess candidates against specified selection criteria and referee reports
- Prepare recommendations for relevant stakeholders and document according to organisational procedures
Manage candidate outcomes
- Inform all candidates of selection decisions
- Provide feedback to candidates according to organisational policies and procedures
- Secure preferred candidate’s agreement
- Coordinate necessary documentation according to organisational procedures, observing confidentiality and privacy requirements
Onboard successful candidate
- Advise relevant stakeholders of new appointment, including start date
- Make necessary administrative arrangements for pay and employee record keeping
- Coordinate successful candidate’s onboarding according to organisational policies and procedures
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course.
To support a successful learning experience students will require access to a device (desktop/mobile/tablet), reliable internet connection and use of a personal email account.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes:
- Course content and reading materials
- Additional course resources
You have a full three months’ access to the learning resources to complete this course.
The course fee is a one-off upfront payment. If you require an invoice prior to payment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 549 190.
Training Options for Staff
MiTraining offers highly practical and industry-relevant training to small, medium and large organisations seeking to develop staff. Organisations can choose from nationally recognised qualifications, accredited short courses or professional development workshops to focus on a specific skill set.
To request a quote for delivery of training to groups of staff please call 1300 549 190.