Great leadership involves strategic thinking, effective communication, and the ability to build a strong level of engagement both with management and your team.
This innovative program is aimed at emerging managers looking to develop their leadership capability.
Designed to fit into your schedule, this program is delivered fully online with self-paced learning.
To support your growth and achieve your full potential as a leader this program includes three 1 hour one-on-one sessions with a qualified executive coach who will work with you to set your goals whether they be short or long term.
Greater self-awareness will enhance your performance as a leader and enable you to align with the objectives and goals of your organisation. Equip yourself with the skills to empower your team to succeed.
MiTraining delivers this program with a set course structure. The program comprises three accredited units of competency and three non-accredited professional development units.
Accredited units of competency
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion
Professional development courses
- Managing conflict
- Strategic planning
- Project management
Students are provided with a maximum of six months to complete all units and professional development courses.
Some students choose to progress more quickly through this program. It is designed to be flexible so that you can study at your own pace in your own time. The total time it takes to complete this program usually depends on your previous experience, how much time you have available between work commitments, and the pace at which you prefer to study.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course. To support you to successfully complete the qualification you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Aged 18 at the time of enrolment, or turning 18 within 6 months of commencing the course. Applicants under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paperwork witnessed by a parent or guardian.
- Entry into this course is dependent on successful completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- All of our courses are delivered in English. If English is your second language you may need to provide the results of an English language test that you have recently undertaken. We require proof of your English language capabilities to ensure that you can understand the course content and assessment requirements.
- Minimum computer literacy standards as well as unrestricted access to the internet. You must have knowledge of and access to Office 365 as well as the ability to record assessments.
- Eligibility to provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at enrolment. Creating or looking up your USI is a simple process that can be done online.
- Have access to one, or a range of, workplace environments (past or present) that will provide you with the opportunity to complete a range of assessment tasks that are based on/in a real workplace environment.
Course Delivery and Support
This course is delivered online via MiTraining’s Learning Management System (LMS). Once your application has been approved, you will be provided with access to the course materials including:
- Course content and reading materials
- Activities and assessments
- Discussion forums
- Additional course resources
Undertaking this program will require you to complete a range of assessments to assess your competency against the performance criteria. Assessments have been designed with a focus on workplace outputs.
A variety of assessment methods are used:
- Assessing theoretical and applied knowledge
- Assessing the application of skills through projects, scenarios and demonstrations
- Gathering evidence that shows your ability to perform key tasks
Each assessment method provides a different type of evidence. Taken together, the complete assessment provides a holistic view of your ability to perform competently and confidently to the level set down in the Competency Standards.
To be issued with a Statement of Attainment students must be deemed competent in each unit of competency and meet all requirements of the course.
MiTraining offers interest-free payment plan options. After paying an initial $200 deposit, the remaining course fees will be paid in weekly or fortnightly instalments.